Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

In The Style x Fashion Influx

Summer truly does seem to have been lost on us in the UK, we had 3 hot days and now we have been plagued with the drab, dreary weather that the UK is synonymous with. Due to our unsure climate, I have been on a real fashion kick lately, adding tons of new pieces to my wardrobe. The changing weather has made me really unsure about what I should be wearing each day and I am looking for versatile pieces that can work for any weather and any occasion.

I do put part of the blame on some of the fashion influencers I follow on Instagram, I have seen so many clothes that I have been loving, that I have felt the need to pick up. My wardrobe has expanded so much that I have actually had to put myself on a spending ban before my wardrobe explodes and I can no longer see the floor from the amount of clothes I own. However, I did one last shop from In The Style.


Speaking of fashion Influencers, one of my favourites is Fashion Influx. Actually she is probably one of the only fashion influencers that I truly take an interest in, well the larger influencers anyway. I actually just want to be her: she is absolutely gorgeous, she has a body to die for and just everything seems to suit her. I like her Instagram for styling tips and for the emphasis that clothes are customisable so when she announced that she would be doing a collection with In The Style, I knew it was something I was going to love.

Lydia (Fashion Influx) began teasing the collection a couple of weeks before the launch and as soon as I could, I signed up for early access and awaited my email for the shopping link. As soon as I saw the link in my Inbox, I immediately went on it to check out the pieces I had been eyeing up and trust me, there were quite a few I was looking to buy. As I was on the website I managed to get everything I wanted and today I wanted to share with you my thoughts on each piece, how I would style them and most importantly, whether I kept them or not. Even though I bought these a couple of weeks ago, everything sold out pretty quickly but there has just been a restock so you can buy most of the pieces at the moment. This seemed like the perfect time to finally post this blog post.

Pieces I Picked Up

As I've said, I already knew the pieces I wanted to buy from the collection but I have to say I liked all of it. There wasn't a single piece that I wouldn't have worn but I am not made of money so I couldn't get it all. I ended up buying 4 pieces: 2 x tops, 1 x skirt and a bodysuit. There was only one item that I added on a whim when I was checking out which was one of the tops, the other 3 were all pieces I really wanted.

White Mesh Lace Cupped Short Sleeve Bodysuit

I am not a massive bodysuit wearer. I like the way they look and the slimline appearance they give but I find a lot of them to be ill fitting and just uncomfortable. However, I decided the discomfort would be 100% worth it because the bodysuit just looked so damn cute. My one criticism of the pictures on the website for this bodysuit is that it doesn't show whether or not it is a thong or a bigger bottom making it a bit of a mystery item until it arrived at my door. I was hoping for a thong bottom because I am not about that VPL life. Luckily it is a thong bottom so I could wear it how I wanted to. 

I wanted to wear this bodysuit with a plain pair of jeans because the bodice is so detailed, and I didn't want the lace to clash, so jeans seemed to be the best option. Plus I knew I was going on a night out pretty soon after I placed my order and this was part of what I wanted to wear.


The bodysuit itself is a gorgeous mesh bodysuit with lace panels, cupped boobs and short capped sleeves. There is almost a boning vibe to the bodice, making it look like a basque, which is very on trend at the moment with both Dior and Alexander Mcqueen featuring it within their runways. I love this added styling detail and I think it helps to make it look more expensive than it is. The bodysuit does have underwiring so if you don't want to wear a bra, you don't have to. Personally I am not that brave and therefore I wear a lace bra underneath just so it looks like I have boobs. Once again this detail makes it feel more luxury and it also helps to shape the bodysuit which is something I need. The back is just as gorgeous as the front. It doesn't have the same level of detailing but it has a mesh back that sort of goes down into a point at the back which almost has the effect of a low back, if there wasn't mesh at the top of course. The cute little sleeves make it comfortable and easy to wear. 

Personally I like to pair this bodysuit with jeans for a more casual night out but you could get away with it for daytime with a pair of light wash jeans or a plain skater skirt and sandals. I really love this bodysuit and I am so glad I purchased it. A size 6 was the smallest size, I probably could have done with a size 4 but I am happy with it either way. I recommend buying this bodysuit because it is stunning and for £28 it is absolutely worth the money.

Self Love Club Top

If you look at my Instagram, you will be able to tell that I love a white slogan tee. I just think they are super easy to style and incredibly versatile. I tend to wear mine with jeans or a more statement skirt just to add a bit of interest to an outfit. In fact last Friday I did an edit of my favourite white slogan tees, take a look White Slogan Tee Edit.

Fashion Influx has designed 3 white slogan tops for the collection but the one I really wanted was the Self Love Club top. I had seen Lydia style this with a skirt from the collection and I loved the entire look. It is very plain but with the bold red writing, it has some interest and I love the message of the top. I do struggle with my mental health and body image so it is always good to remind myself to love myself. 

I have to commend the quality for £12, this is a thick white t-shirt so you don't have to really consider the bra you wear underneath. Obviously the text is just printed on and I imagine it will fade in the wash but I still rate the quality of this top. 

I like my white slogan tops to be slightly oversized so I can wear them tucked in but luckily this gives a nice volume to the top because the top is quite a thick material so it hangs nicely. My favourite way to wear this is tucked into skirts, I have been wearing this with my new skirt from The Kooples as it soften the military vibes of the skirt. I also like to wear it with my new leopard print shorts which are also from In The Style. I know the red and pink doesn't particularly go but I personally love the combination. I had bought this with the intention of wearing it with the skirt I purchased from the collection but I will talk about the skirt next.

Dark Blush Floral Ruched Frill Mini Skirt

I had seen Lydia style this skirt with the Self Love Top and I loved it. I thought the combo was perfect. She had paired the look with a pair of white Converse and it just struck me as something I would wear. However, as soon as I took the skirt out of the packaging. I knew it wasn't for me.

The thing I initially didn't like was the colour. In all of the pictures I had seen it looked like a pink skirt with a deeper pink floral but when it arrived the base of the skirt was almost bronze with only the floral providing the pink aspect. I wasn't sold on the base colour but I thought I would try it on in the hope that it would look better on.

I didn't hate the way it looked on. I thought the style of the skirt was nice and I liked the fit, but it didn't feel comfortable. It was perfect around my waist but the bottom was a bit too tight around my thighs. I don't think I could have sat down in it because I am sure I would have ripped it and I had ordered a size 6! I am usually a size 4 so god knows how other people fit this skirt. If you like this skirt, I would recommend sizing up just to make the fit comfortable. The fit wasn't great and the colour scheme just wasn't me so I did end up sending it back because it was £30 so not the cheapest. In fact it was the most expensive item I ordered.

Prior to trying it, I had so many ideas of what I could wear this with. I wanted to pair it with a little cami top, crop tops, more white slogan tops and also to play around with footwear, this could so easily be paired with a set of heels for a night out or boots to take away some of the femininity in the skirt. I am gutted that this skirt went back but it simply wasn't right for me.

Duvet Day Top

I actually sent this top back as well and it wasn't because it was bad quality or that I didn't like it, it simply came down to the fact I did not need it. The quality of this top was just as good as the Self Love top, I just didn't have anything like the Self Care one and it was the one I preferred in terms of design. 

I do love the script like print which says Duvet Day, it sort of reminds me of the Saint Laurent Tees which have the writing in the middle of the top which looks like it has been sketched on with a felt-tip pen. I think this is the perfect top to wear on the weekend with joggers or a casual pair of shorts, nothing fancy. I am actually considering buying this top again at some point because looking at it on the website, I do love it and I love that in the picture Lydia rolls up the sleeves, I wish I had done this.

Update: I did repurchase the Duvet Day top and I haven't stopped wearing it! I have been wearing it on the weekends and also as a jammie top.

Picture from In The Style

Wishlist

I did also want to mention some of the other piece I love from the collection.
  • I would love to have the full collection of the white slogan tops, they are such a good staple and they are incredibly versatile. Plus for a white top these are really good quality. The only one I do not own is the top that says 'Nothing to Wear.'
  • Blush Floral Lace Up Puff Sleeve Mini Dress - I really love the style of this dress and I think the floral pattern is incredibly pretty which is why I also like the Cowl Neck Mini Dress in the same print. 
  • In the first round of the collection I wasn't interested in the Cream Satin Asymmetric Cowl Neck Dress but the more I have seen it, the more I think it will be perfect for nights out.
  • I adore the Cream Puff Sleeve Tie Waist Midi Dress - I feel like this is an outfit that you could just throw on and be incredibly comfortable but still look cute and summery. I also love that this has a tie waist which is something I always look for as a petite lady. 
  • The final clothing piece is the Green Floral Wrap Frill Trim Mini Dress. This is the exact style of dress I love. I think a wrap dress is incredibly flattering and I also love a floral print. The colours on this dress aren't like anything else I own so I feel like this would be a good addition to my wardrobe. 
More recently In The Style and Fashion Influx have collaborated on swimwear and I have to say all of it is gorgeous but there are a couple of pieces I like more than the rest. 
  • I absolutely adore the Multiwear Plunge Swimsuits, I think they are stunning and would allow anyone to live the Kendal Jenner fantasy (you know the picture I am talking about,) but there are two reasons I won't buy one. Firstly I have two very similar to this style which I bought from ASOS and secondly I do not have the confidence or the body to rock this style. 
  • The bikini I like is the Black Floral Bikini which has a longline, scoop neck top and high waisted bottoms. I love the print and I think it is quite an unusual style for a bikini, it is something you could feel comfortable in. The only thing is that the top doesn't look padded which is something I desperately need. I just love the pattern. 

I have to say I love the range that Fashion Influx and In The Style have created. I think you can definitely see Lydia's style within the pieces and the quality is incredible but really it should be for the price of some of the pieces. A lot of the collection has been out of stock basically since the collection launched but it has just restocked so you should be able to pick up all of the pieces I bought, if you like them. I'm not 100% sure but I have seen it mentioned somewhere that this is a one off collection so if you want to support Lydia or you simply like some of the pieces, now is the time to pick them up.

You might also like:

Top 5 Summer Dresses
In The Style
My New Baby
June Purchases
Summer Look

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar